Monday, January 16, 2012

India and Pakistan Unite again?

To all my Pakistani and Indian Brothers and Sisters, I would like to share that on the night of January 14, 2012, I had a dream that India and Pakistan became united again into one country. It was a very emotional dream and I saw Rahul Gandhi on Pakistani side telling Indian Army to move away from the border. I was hugging bunch of people and crying and telling them that I never thought it would happen in my lifetime and saying "All Zindabad" meaning no more Pakistan or India zindabad/murdabad etc. That is all I remember. I am writing a blog about it and marking the date just for my own amusement.

Eventhough it is just a dream, but I hope it comes true one day like East and West Germany. But the respect has to be mutual and will has to be there on both sides. May my dream and prayers come true one day. In my lifetime would be the greatest gift.

Benefits would over weigh the cost of this union and in my opinion it will be a win-win situation for both. It has to be a merger of equals and details could be worked out one at a time. It may take 30-40 years but it is not a farfetched dream.

My father (Giani Harbhajan Singh) always talked about Pakistan since he was with Punjab Police and was stationed all over during his police job before partition. He was stationed at Wagha Border in 1977 and met some of his police colleagues there. He finally got to visit Pakistan in 1997 after partition to see various places and met grandson of one of his old police friends. He told me how nice the family was to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home