Saturday, June 9, 2012

Quantum Activist or Quantum Doctor

I watched the movie "Quantum Activist" about a month ago and it was very interesting. It kind of shows how science tries to explain time and time again the spiritual reality, which in my view is Waheguru.  I can relate many things in the movie to Gurbani in so many ways such as when he is talking about how science is discovering a special spot in brain that can lead to a state of bliss.  In Anand Sahib that Sikhs recite, Guru ji mentions dasam duar, the 'tenth gate', how it is kept a secret and revealed with God's grace.  There are many other places that Sri Guru Granth Sahib also mentions this tenth gate.  I urge everyone to watch it and it is available on netflix.  The guy Amit Goswami was recently on bay area local PBS station for fundraiser.  I guess he has also written a book I forgot the exact name but something like "Quantum Doctor".   He also talks about cause and effect in the movie, which also takes me back into Gurbani.

 
ਹਮ ਭੀਖਕ ਭੇਖਾਰੀ ਤੇਰੇ ਤੂ ਨਿਜ ਪਤਿ ਹੈ ਦਾਤਾ
हम भीखक भेखारी तेरे तू निज पति है दाता ॥
Ham bẖīkẖak bẖekẖārī ṯere ṯū nij paṯ hai ḏāṯā.
I am just a poor beggar of Yours; You are Your Own Lord Master, You are the Great Giver.


ਹੋਹੁ ਦੈਆਲ ਨਾਮੁ ਦੇਹੁ ਮੰਗਤ ਜਨ ਕੰਉ ਸਦਾ ਰਹਉ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤਾ ॥੧॥
होहु दैआल नामु देहु मंगत जन कंउ सदा रहउ रंगि राता ॥१॥
Hohu ḏai▫āl nām ḏeh mangaṯ jan kaʼn▫u saḏā raha▫o rang rāṯā. ||1||
Be Merciful, and bless me, a humble beggar, with Your Name, so that I may forever remain imbued with Your Love. ||1||

 
ਹੰਉ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੈ ਜਾਉ ਸਾਚੇ ਤੇਰੇ ਨਾਮ ਵਿਟਹੁ
हंउ बलिहारै जाउ साचे तेरे नाम विटहु ॥
Haʼn▫u balihārai jā▫o sācẖe ṯere nām vitahu.
I am a sacrifice to Your Name, O True Lord.

ਕਰਣ ਕਾਰਣ ਸਭਨਾ ਕਾ ਏਕੋ ਅਵਰੁ ਦੂਜਾ ਕੋਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
करण कारण सभना का एको अवरु न दूजा कोई ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Karaṇ kāraṇ sabẖnā kā eko avar na ḏūjā ko▫ī. ||1|| rahā▫o.
The One Lord is the Cause of causes; there is no other at all. ||1||Pause||

ਬਹੁਤੇ ਫੇਰ ਪਏ ਕਿਰਪਨ ਕਉ ਅਬ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕੀਜੈ
बहुते फेर पए किरपन कउ अब किछु किरपा कीजै ॥
Bahuṯe fer pa▫e kirpan ka▫o ab kicẖẖ kirpā kījai.
I was wretched; I wandered through so many cycles of reincarnation. Now, Lord, please bless me with Your Grace.

 
ਹੋਹੁ ਦਇਆਲ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਦੇਹੁ ਅਪੁਨਾ ਐਸੀ ਬਖਸ ਕਰੀਜੈ ॥੨॥
होहु दइआल दरसनु देहु अपुना ऐसी बखस करीजै ॥२॥
Hohu ḏa▫i▫āl ḏarsan ḏeh apunā aisī bakẖas karījai. ||2||
Be merciful, and grant me the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan; please grant me such a gift. ||2||


ਭਨਤਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਭਰਮ ਪਟ ਖੂਲ੍ਹ੍ਹੇ ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਜਾਨਿਆ
भनति नानक भरम पट खूल्हे गुर परसादी जानिआ ॥
Bẖanaṯ Nānak bẖaram pat kẖūlĥe gur parsādī jāni▫ā.
Prays Nanak, the shutters of doubt have been opened wide; by Guru's Grace, I have come to know the Lord.


ਸਾਚੀ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਗੀ ਹੈ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਿਉ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ॥੩॥੧॥੯॥
साची लिव लागी है भीतरि सतिगुर सिउ मनु मानिआ ॥३॥१॥९॥
Sācẖī liv lāgī hai bẖīṯar saṯgur si▫o man māni▫ā. ||3||1||9||
I am filled to overflowing with true love; my mind is pleased and appeased by the True Guru. ||3||1||9||

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home