Sunday, February 4, 2007

Amrit Vela Waking Up/Sadhna Tracker - Day 2

Well, I was too fearful to sign up for Gurumustuk Singh's Sadhna pledge. A day after I realized I should have signed up for anyways. It should not be a guilt or fearul thing, otherwise it defeats the purpose. It is just a way to train the body, of course with Guru's grace, to wake up during Amrit Vela.

Well, before I ramble further, This is my day 2, 3:15AM and haven't had a problem yet. I guess I will have to wait till weekdays to see how it goes. I am a day behind the other Gursikhs that signed up for the pledge and probably years behind the ones that have been doing it everyday. But it is a new start and let see where it takes me. Thursday night,daughter Simran , and son, Camran started feeling sick and Friday Kiran as well came down with flu. All three had been in bed. Took Camran to the doctor and his results for pnemonia and bronchitus came negative, but they are still running high fevers, shivers and have sore throats, coughing. Yesterday, wife and I got the same thing. I am wearing 4 layers after my shower right now, just to prevent from shivering. Body didn't want to take shower, but felt the need. THought of all those Gursikhs that sacrificed so much for the Guru, and I can't even take a cold shower. (ha ha)! Anyways, feel so achy that don't want to do sadhna, but that pledge to myself is a pledge. Enough ramblings for today, and it is time to go!

2 Comments:

Blogger Prabhu Singh said...

Good luck Singh Ji!
Way to go with your discipline. Even two days can be really difficult.

8:28 AM, February 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WoW! I wish you health and will to successfully complete your pledge!

p.s.// cold showers?!?!? Does it have to be cold? Why?

7:50 AM, February 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home