Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Does this Chohan Sikh in Punjab remind you of Ayatollah Khomeni of Iran?

The news story below of this self proclaimed President of Khalistan sounds very familiar and similar to Ayatollah Khomeni of Iran who at first was sending secret religious audiotapes of his lectures from France to Iran and then finally went to Iran and became their leader after starting an Iranian revolution. I have no problem with that as long as the person who goes back to fight for a cause does not make a mess out of a country, brings chaos, violence, poverty, war and makes people’s lives hell by starting something that kills people for his or her own political or religious power and control. This is what Khomeni did to Iran and I feel some self proclaimed Khalistanis are doing the same as well. I haven't read or heard much about this guy, but there is another President of Khalistan in Washington which I have read, heard and very briefly met in our local gurdwara. Personally, I was not impressed by his persona, which reminded me of a used car saleman. Our Gurus never fought for land. They fought for giving people peace, happiness and justice, which I don’t feel some of these leaders are going to provide to any or my family. Personally, I rather fight for a Sikh leader like Manmohan Singh that shows more character, courage, vision and integrity and has much respected by Sikhs and non-Sikhs alike than some guy that is creating a divide within communities, and countries. I hope people are smart enough to realize and not support these kinds of Sikh leaders. I am probably offending some Sikhs who are for support of a separate Sikh homeland called Khalistan. I would like to live in a Khalsa Raj on this earth that is made up true gursikhs, sadh sangat and saints as envisioned by Guru Gobind Singh Ji but not in a 10 or100 acres of land called Khalistan envisioned by these political leaders to have their own control. Sometimes, I even wonder if these leaders are encouraged, sent and supported by the foreign entities or governments to create troubles in their native lands in order to create more divide and strife in these lands for further some foreign agenda. I really don’t know, but question marks are always there. Anyways, read and comment if you wish and the post is not to offend anyone’s feeling or create anger or hatred.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4786908.stm

1 Comments:

Blogger SikhsRus said...

did he really say that? I agree that he is not a true Gursikh because he is not an amritdhari Sikh. Well, if you are right, then time to do another post on him. I guess I am just frustrated with the politio-religious leadership in Punjab such as Badal, Amrinder and others that deny women the opportunity, support casteism, alcoholism etc. Some of them may be even amritdharis, but whats is the use if the actions don't follow and true Sikhi is not practised.

12:45 PM, March 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home