Saturday, September 26, 2009

3HO - Generation EX!

I happened to run into this blog from one of the google adds about WHITE SIKHS at http://www.russiatoday.com/Top_News/2009-07-16/_White_Sikhs____foreigners_who_found_faith_in_Sikhism/forum

and was saddened by the stories and experiences of some of these kids. I am posting this here because I would like people to know that this has nothing to do with Sikhism. I have attended Khalsa Youth Camp with my kids twice in 2005 and 2006. Other than that, I don't know much about the 3HO or the Sikh Dharma commuinity. I just hope this is not bringing bad name to Sikhi as most Sikhs from Punjabis background know and practise. I would like to say that many good and positive things are coming out of the Western Sikh community such as the famous Sikh website Sikhnet which is helping Sikhs Worldwide connect better with posting of events, daily happenings, educational, creating awareness etc. The annual Sikh Youth Film Festival which is bringing Sikh creativity to the forefront, especially the young Sikh kids. As I have said in my previous post, there is nothing wrong with Sikhs practising Yoga, but it should not engulf one's life to the point that they forget to live in this World as Gurbani teaches. Live above the World like a lotus as I see it. Work, play, sing, dance, eat, sleep, read, write, study and all but subconsciously keep mind focussed on the One thru Gurbani. Even though I do yoga for relaxation, body conditioning etc. but listening, singing Gurbani, Seva (currently lacking a little in this arena though), Simran and constantly thinking about many things Sikhi helps me. Sometimes, I wish Waheguru will give me the wisdom, courage and blessing or someone else to put some of these thoughts into practice. Afterall, Gurbani says, "Soche Soch na Hovee, jay soche lakh vaar" and yet I waste so much time thinking Sikhi.

Anyways, back to 3HO and Miri Piri Academy, there was a point a few years back when I kind of wished that my daughter attended the Miri Piri Academy, but after reading some of the stories in the blog, I would say, may be it wasn't meant to be. Even though I would like my kids to establish a relation with Guru Ji, give up meat but at this point it seems like they want to follow their own ways. I hope one day they will realize the beauty of Sikhi but hope it is a little sooner than later. My heart tells me keep faith and things will just fall in place, even though at times life seems so difficult. Child beating is wrong and even I have gotten in trouble for doing that here. I wish India would enforce it better. A Happy Nation is easily judged by the Smile on its people's faces, especially kids.

These kids were hurt during the most beautiful part of their lives, and need compassion, and care by their fellow Sikhs. I hope they will forgive and move on and see the real beauty of Sikhi. Whoever did wrong to them would have to account for their deeds at the end!

Anyways, I just wanted to post this for what it is worth and hope these kids forgive their tormentors. Only forgiveness can bring peace to them. The other thing I find with many people in 3HO is that they seem very self absorbed and self obsessed. So much emphasis is given to the self bodies, self healing, self mastery, self this, self that! It is almost funny! Why not serve others as Gurbani teaches!

SEVA, Simran, Bana and Bani. Seeing god in all, accepting all, serving all!

That is all to the Sikhi! Then the human body will be taken care of! Yoga or no yoga, exercise or no excerise. Sadly, many don't get it and keep searching, looking, waiting for others to please them, serve them, feed them, clean them, accept them and fill their spiritual needs.

Waheguru Bless!

I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT I HAVE MET MANY GREAT GURSIKHS, NICE PEOPLE IN 3HO COMMUNITY AS WELL WHO HAVE COMPASSION, LOVE SERVING OTHERS, SEE GOD IN ALL AND FOCUS MORE ON OTHERS THAN SOME WHO ARE SELF SERVING AND SELF OBSESSED. MAY WAHEGURU BLESS THEM ALL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home