Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sweet Hukumnama!

Today's Sweet Hukum! Please check out the larivaar format on the link site! It seems difficult to read at first, but I think can be mastered with a lot of patience and practice. Also check out the write up on history and printing changes made to this format. I say, let us bring back the Larrivar format as Guru had orginally uttered and intended the divine word to be.

Interpretation in English :



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RAAMKALEE FIFTH MEHL
My self-conceit has been eliminated from my body.
The Will of God is dear to me.
Whatever He does seems sweet to my mind.
And then these eyes behold the wondrous Lord.
|| 1 ||
Now I have become wise and my demons are gone.
My thirst is quenched and my attachment is dispelled.
The Perfect Guru has instructed me.
|| 1 ||
Pause || In His Mercy the Guru has kept me under His protection.
The Guru has attached me to the Lord’s Feet.
When the mind is totally held in check one sees the Guru and the Supreme Lord God as one and the same.
|| 2 ||
Whoever You have created I am his slave.
My God dwells in all.
I have no enemies no adversaries.
I walk arm in arm like brothers with all.
|| 3 ||
One whom the Guru the Lord blesses with peace does not suffer in pain any longer.
He Himself cherishes all.
Nanak is imbued with the love of the Lord of the World.
|| 4 || 5 || 16 ||
(This HukamNama occurs on Ang: 887 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home