Wednesday, November 15, 2006

ab mai ka-un upaa-o kara-o

DnwsrI mhlw 9 (685-6)
Dhanaasree mehlaa 9
Dhanaasaree, Ninth Mehl



Ab mY kaunu aupwau krau ]
ab mai ka-un upaa-o kara-o.
Now, what efforts should I make?

ijh ibiD mn ko sMsw cUkY Bau iniD pwir prau ]1] rhwau ]
jih biDh man ko sansaa chookai bha-o niDh paar para-o. ||1|| rahaa-o.
How can I dispel the anxieties of my mind? How can I cross over the terrifying world-ocean? ||1||Pause||

jnmu pwie kCu Blo n kIno qw qy AiDk frau ]
janam paa-ay kachh bhalo na keeno taa tay aDhik dara-o.
Obtaining this human incarnation, I have done no good deeds; this makes me very afraid!

mn bc k®m hir gun nhI gwey Xh jIA soc Drau ]1]
man bach karam har gun nahee gaa-ay yeh jee-a soch Dhara-o. ||1||
In thought, word and deed, I have not sung the Lord's Praises; this thought worries my mind. ||1||

gurmiq suin kCu igAwnu n aupijE psu ijau audru Brau ]
gurmat sun kachh gi-aan na upji-o pas ji-o udar bhara-o.
I listened to the Guru's Teachings, but spiritual wisdom did not well up within me; like a beast, I fill my belly.

khu nwnk pRB ibrdu pCwnau qb hau piqq qrau ]2]4]9]9]13]58]4]93]
kaho naanak parabh birad pachhaana-o tab ha-o patit tara-o. ||2||4||9||9||13||58||4||93||
Says Nanak, O God, please confirm Your Law of Grace; for only then can I, the sinner, be saved. ||2||4||9||9||13||58||4||93||

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home