Wednesday, September 6, 2006

What brings the sweetness, bitterness or poisonous nature in things?

As my wife and I were sitting in the backyard past weekend, busy prepping and painting the house, I decided to take a break and picked some grapes from one of the grape vines in the yard. Man! they were just sweet! I start thinking spirituality asked my wife as to what make a them so sweet? She is like, I don't know. I mean, dirt and water are same everywhere. And, if I were to mix these two ingredients in a separate bowl, I don’t get sweet or bitter or poisonous results then how come these two ingredients make things the way they are. Do I just accept that it is just the nature of things and this is how God made them or Do I look for a scientific explanation as to how chemicals and nutrients mix and change in to these properties? I did take some chemistry in college and may be it will be helpful. And, then on Tuesday morning, I hear about the Alligator Guy, Steve Irwin in Australia dying from sting ray bite. I have learned a little about sea creatures and played in tide pools a little bit with snorkeling once, but I never knew these sting rays could be that deadly. Not only the jagged sharpness but the toxins on top of that. Those barbs have known to pierce thru a wooden plank in a boat. That is some power of a Sting ray! I mean what are the chances of a famous guy getting killed by a sting ray attack given the mathematical odds and history of these attacks. I guess it must be the nature of things and God must have made them the way they are.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sifar said...

Manjit Singh jee...

What I am about to write, I believe you know it already. But Just for the sake of it I am writing it. There are different varities of Grapes. I mean the species. Their genetic make up makes one species sweeter than the other. The kind of soil and the nutrient the plant is provided has very least effect in determining the sweetness of its fruits thought it has a lot to do with the health of the plant.

Stingrays are not that deadly to the Humans. Only one more human death is recorded in Australia that was due to Stingray reflexes. It was just that Steve was the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time. He originally went to shoot the Sharks but due to water being a lot moddier, he couldnot find sharks and decided to do a segment on Stingrays. Also Stingrays have different species that are less than a foot to few feet long.

Click here and you will see a link on my blog that tells in details about Stingrays... More on Stingrays...

7:26 PM, September 06, 2006  
Blogger Sifar said...

moddier... i meant muddier... hehe

7:29 PM, September 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home