Thursday, January 5, 2006

Happy Birthday to my father Guru Gobind Singh!

Khalsa mero roop hai khaas.
The Khalsa is my complete image
Khalse maih hau karo nivaas.
I dwell in the khalsa
Khalsa mero mukh hai ang-aa.
Khalsa is my chief organ
Khalse ke hau sadh sadh sang-aa.
I am always with the khalsa
Khalsa mero mitr sakhaa-ee
Khalsa is my closest friend
Khalsa maat pitaa sukhdaa-ee
Khalsa is my mother, father & source of all comforts.
Khalsa meri jaat ar pat.
Khalsa is my caste & creed.
Khalsa sau maa kau utapat.
My creation is through the khalsa
Khalsa mero bhavan bhand-aa-raa.
I dwell in the khalsa who is a storehouse of all my requirements.
Khalse kar mero satk-aa-raa.
I am honoured because of the khalsa.
Khalsa mero pind par-aan.
Khalsa is my body & breath.
Khalsa meri jaan ki jaan.
Khalsa is my life & soul
Khalsa mera satgur poor-aa
Khalsa is my full-fledged Guru.
Khalsa mera sajan soor-aa.
Khalsa is my brave friend.
Khalsa mero budh ar giaan.
Khalsa is my wisdom & knowledge.
Khalse ka hau dhar-au dhiaan.
I always contemplate the khalsa prayerfully
Upmaa khalsae jaath na kahi
Eulogy of the khalsa is beyond me.
Jihv-aa ek paar nah lahi.
I cannot fathom full praise of the khalsa with one tongue.
Ya mai ranch na mithe-aa bhaakh-ee.
I certify that I have not mis-stated anything in the foregoing.
Paarbrahm gur Nanak saak-ee.
God & Guru Nanak are my witnesses to endorse the foregoing truth.

Guru Gobind Singh, Sarb Loh Granth, (MS), 519-526.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the translation...otherwise kaddi mauka hi nahin milya to look it up and read it for myself.
Gurupurab di vadhayi tuhanu v :)

5:04 PM, January 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home