Thursday, December 22, 2005

Learning to Speak Kindly ! (especially for Punjabis)

Even though I take pride in being from Punjab, India and being a Sikh, I have heard and read many times about Punjabis coming off as rude, arrogant and macho. I think it is all across cultural and national boundaries, but to help myself and other Punjabis to learn to speak kindly so we can relate to other cultures and people better, I will just post something about love and kindness. Here is something about "Speaking kindly to Yourself" that I found and can relate to the author's childhood stories to kind of my childhood growing up in Punjab. Please read if you wish and hope it can help a little in polishing off that Punjabi harshness:

http://www.forthelittleonesinside.com/mpage/speak.html

Happy Holidays!

2 Comments:

Blogger sikhlionz said...

Wanted to take the opportunity to say happy new year paji! May Waheguru bring you closer to Him with each day

5:35 PM, January 01, 2006  
Blogger SikhsRus said...

sikhlionz:

Where did you get those funny cartoons from on your blog? I love them.

7:37 AM, January 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home