Tuesday, November 22, 2005

An interesting perpective on religion from an atheist!

I just happened to stumble upon this writing and found it interesting. I don't neccessarily agree with all of Sarah's comments. Personally, I think there is a little sarcasm in her view or interpretation of every religion, but still wanted to share. Other thing that I found disturbing in it was her quote from a Western Sikh about all ending in 2012. I didn't quite understand it, because I don't believe in numerology or astrological predictions. Read if you like and share any thoughts if you have. Here is the link:

http://sikhtimes.com/books_100805a.html

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I read this article uptil the Sikhism part. Found it quite offensive. And i think the authors statement that this person's search is sincere, is totally untrue! And I am lost about the 2010 prediction? And what abt the naming according to numerology?? Have to find more!

9:19 PM, November 26, 2005  
Blogger SikhsRus said...

I agree. with you. I don't think she knows anything about any religions she has explored. Instead of exploring the religion, she has just twisted the opinion and behaviour of people used that as her basis. Have you noticed, she has said much negative about Christianity? Anyways, she has to deal with own account with God. This year 2012 has something to do with aquarian era I think, But I thought the aquarian age is from 2000A.D. to 4000 A.D. I wish I knew more and how this works? I am sure there are western Sikhs that don't believe in numerological predictions etc. either. Let me know if you find something.

11:32 AM, November 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was this article posted recently on MRSikhnet's blog, about this being the beginning of the third phase of the aquarian era, which yes, ends in 2012. But that did not say that it is the last era of something. But it is this pahse of 7 years between change of eras, which is markedly diffifcult especially for people who dont have sadhana profiles...i'll try to look it up for u.
Guru Fateh!

8:23 PM, November 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home