Monday, September 26, 2005

Ambrosial hours at Gurdwara, what a peaceful thing!

Even though, I am working towards getting up early mornings and doing the prayers. It is sometimes a very hard thing to do. For the last few weeks I have tried to get up early and attend Gurudwara in the early morning. There is a Fremont Gurdwara on my way to work. Before starting work, I decided to pay a visit. It was just a beautiful thing. When I got there, around 5:15AM, Japji Sahib recitation was already going. There was one more person besides me, a much younger to my surprise, with a Gutka in his hand, reading Gutka and listening to the Granthi recite Japji Sahib. It was just a peaceful feeling. I attended about an hour or so, went to the langar hall, had chah, jarda and pakoris and I continued my way to work. Everytime I go in the morning, what I am amazed at is the dedication and devotion with which men and women sevadars work in the langar and people that recite morning prayers.

Yesterday, I woke up around 4AM, after bath I decided to head to Gurdwara for early morning Diwan. Again. All I can say is that it was just a beautiful thing in the morning and made my day. Even though I was the only attendee besides sevadars at the kitchen and granthi. I wish there were more people in the mornings. It definitely changes your whole perspective of things, when a morning is started with a sangat. For people that have not done so, please try to find some time if there is a Gurudwara close by and attend in the morning. You will see what I mean! Next Sunday, I will be a Sevadar in the Kitchen in the morning. They start around 6AM.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay in Chardi Kala! May you have many many more ambrosial hour blisses :)

2:56 PM, September 26, 2005  
Blogger Truth Seeker said...

Thank you for your comments. You are right, it doesn't matter - we will all end up at the same place one day. Yes, we follow the path of Ek Ongkar or Aum, the highest path as indicated by Guru Nanakji, Buddha, Shri Krishna and others, though we don't describe ourselves as following any religion.

3:10 PM, September 26, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...



Head hunters in Bangalore
Consultany in Bangalore
Serviced Apartments in Bangalore
SEO Services in Bangalore
SEO Services in India

4:35 AM, September 29, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home