Thursday, September 22, 2005

Soccer Anyone or should I say “futbol?

For the last 8 years or so, I have been a volunteer coach with Pleasant Hill Martinez Soccer Association (PHMSA) which is regional part of the bigger American Youth Soccer Association (AYSO). I started with my daughter and now with my youngest son who just turned 8 last week. I can believe how much fun it is coaching. Sometimes it feels like I am having more fun than the kids. There have been seasons where we didn’t lose a single game and there have been others where we did not win a single game, but it is all fun. Some parents think it is all in the coaching, but I think it is all in the team. PHMSA has a real good coach training program here They bring in these players from mostly England to teach soccer in America. Most of them work thru a company called Major League Soccer (MLS) which holds training camps for kids, coaches and refrees. You don’t have to be a soccer player to teach and in fact I am a lousy one myslef. Even in the training video, they show that a lot of great soccer teams have had coaches which never played soccer in their lives. So please get out there and volunteer. One of these days I will post some pictures from the years past and present.

Till next time, Goal! Goal! Goal!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind words on my blog :D

8:17 AM, September 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home