Monday, August 7, 2006

Why prolong an empty life?

Oh Waheguru! why am I so engrossed in the beauty of my body shell and prolonging its life while my soul remains empty during the short life you have given me? Why do I keep abusing and killing Your children, Your animals, Your forests and the rest of the creation in the name of development and advancement? Isn't there enough child abuse, animal abuse, destruction and killing already in the World? Why can't you help us see beyond the illusion of maya and meditate on only You? Why does my mind start wandering all the times? What would extra 100 million or even a billion get me that you haven't given me already? A new yacht, a new airjet, a new mansion, a space ride, a fancy limousine, a personal golf course, a fine dining in five star hotel. But my soul still remains empty and they can not get me any closer to you. Would they prolong my life? May be a few hours, days or even an extra year or two. But, what good is a prolonged life with an empty soul? Only you know where we are going and what this world is coming to. Do they not understand karma, dharma or sin of abusing your creation?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=399376&in_page_id=1879&in_page_id=1879&expand=true#StartComments

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!! That article is infuriating! I am currently doin this course on Stem Cell Research and its obvious benefits, but THIS when read as a current example is just maddening and upsetting!

When I first read what you had written, I had a different central theme that I was reading around...

It is truly sad. I don't even think it is about their personal growth as a person at all or at any level or about physical beauty. I think it is a rat race in terms of what you can afford and how outrageous can you get to exhibit your power.

I was always pro Stem Cell research, but looking at such idiots, meakes me re-evaluate!

Thanks for sharing the article. Hope all is well with you. SatNaam.

8:51 AM, August 08, 2006  
Blogger SikhsRus said...

You are right about rat race and there are so many things like this that people do without giving any thought. Thanks!

3:32 PM, August 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home